Thursday, December 1, 2016

Another Mile Zero Riff


Hi guys. Today's post will involve another riff from the song Mile Zero by Periphery. It is a very fun and flowy riff.

I played it at slower pace than the original version, but I will work on it over the next few days, and hopefully have a faster play through for you on Saturday.


This riff, similarly to one of the riffs in my previous post, has a fair amount of string skipping, and is very scaly. This makes it a little tricky to play, but when you get it right it is very satisfying and fun.

I did make a few rhythmic mistakes, so I will also try and improve upon that in Saturday's clip.

On a side note, since this has been a metal-centric blog, I thought I would pay some homage to one of the most influential metal bands out there. Metallica has just recently released their new album Hardwired... to Self-Destruct, so I figured it would be a fitting time to play one of their riffs for you guys.

I'll have that uploaded for you tomorrow night.

Thanks for checking in.
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment